How to Make Nutella Cookies
Makes about 60 – 2 inch size cookies
110 gr butter, softened
200 gr Nutella
50 gr granulated sugar
50 gr dark brown sugar
200 gr all-purpose flour
40 gr cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175deg C.
- Using flat beater, beat butter, Nutella, granulated sugar and dark brown sugar until lighter in color and fluffy.
- While the butter is mixing, sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Once the butter mixture is light and fluffy, add the egg, water and vanilla, beat until incorporated and emulsified.
- Using the slowest speed or by hand, mix the flour until just incorporated, scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Line the baking trays with parchment paper, take about a heaping teaspoon of dough, roll it in between the palm to make a ball, roughly 1- inch in diameter, or use 2 small spoons to take and shape the dough, or alternatively use small ice cream scoop, arrange on the baking tray, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes for crunchy, less if you want a soft cookies.
- Cool on the cooling rack
- Store in airtight container.
If the dough is too soft, refrigerate for 30 mins before shaping.